Views: 0 Author: Grace Publish Time: 2022-12-28 Origin: https://www.suntechleds.com/
Table of contents
1. Features Differences between SK9822 VS SK6812
2. Features Common between SK9822 and SK6812
5. Size comparison chart of SK9822 VS SK6812
We've blogged a lot about addressable LED strip comparisons: such as WS2812B vs APA10, TM1814 vs SK6812. This guide will tell you the difference between SK9822 and SK6812. Let's read on!
Table-1: sk9822 vs sk6812
|DC5v || |
Power Drawn (Max)
Positive + Negative +Data wire+Clock wire
|Positive + Negative + Data wire|
From the table above, we can clearly know the difference between SK9822 VS SK6812. Both can be made into RGB addressable LED strip with built-in IC 5v. SK6812 is very similar to WS2812B, and SK9822 is very similar to APA102. SK9822 has a data wire and a clock wire which makes the transmission speed quicker. SK6812 has only one data wire to transmit the signal, and the transmission speed is slower.
(1) Both SK9822 LED and SK6812 LED use SMD 5050 components, built-in IC, 5v RGB chip, 1pcs pixel to control one LED.
(2) Top-quality SMD internal integrated high quality external control line serial cascade constant current IC.
(3) All can be made into 30led/m, 60led/m and 144led/m.
(4) LED has the advantages of low driving voltage, high brightness, large scattering angle, good consistency, low power consumption, and long life.The control circuit is integrated in the LED above.
SK9822 is a new build in IC LED chip. With clock wire and data wire, compatible with APA102 LED chip. The protocol for the SK9822 is very similar to the protocol for the APA102C. It has a data wire and a signal wire to better transmit signal. Three (RGB) transmission channels drive intelligent control circuit and a light-emitting circuit in LED light source control.
The product contains signal decoding module, data buffer, built-in constant current circuit and RC oscillator; adopts CMOS technology, low voltage, low power consumption; 256-level gray-scale PWM adjustment and 32-level brightness adjustment; use data and synchronous CLK signals transmission, and the output actions of each wafer in series are synchronous.
For more details, please download the datasheet: SK9822_datasheet.pdf
Picture-1: sk9822 LED strip with 4 channels
SK6812 is a smart LED control circuit and light emitting circuit in one controlled LED source, with the shape of 5050 LED chips. Form a complete pixel point control, uniform color mixing.
The intensity of each pixel is included in the input of the intelligent digital interface, and the output is driven by the patented PWM technology, which effectively ensures the high consistency of the color of the pixels. The control circuit consists of a signal shaping amplifier circuit, a built-in constant current circuit and a high-precision RC oscillator.
For more details, please download the datasheet: sk6812_datasheet.pdf
Picture-2: sk6812 LED strip with 3 channels
Here is a video to show the SK6812 LED Strip Light:
Please see the mechanical dimensions comparison picture between SK9822 vs SK6812 below:
(1) These two flexible addressable LED light strips are ideal for cabinet displays, under curtains, shelves, Hotel, KTV, and outdoor advertising signs.
(2) LED Full color module, Full color LED string light, LED appearance, scene lighting.
(3) LED point light, LED pixel screen, a variety of electronic products, electrical equipment, etc.
Now the LEDs on the market are all similar, when you discover the nuances between them, it will be easier for you to find the product you want. After reading this blog about SK9822 VS SK6812, I think you have a better understanding of the difference. Shenzhen Suntech LED has focused on the production of addressable LED strips and regular LED strips for more than ten years. There is strict control over the quality of the products, which has won a large number of customers' consistent high praise. If you want to buy LED strip, please click this contact to send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Premire Addressable LED Strip Lights you may interested in:
Request For A Quotation?
Relative LED Strip Knowledge you may need: