Views: 0 Author: Jessica Liu Publish Time: 2021-07-09 Origin: https://www.suntechleds.com
5050 SMD and 2835 SMD led strips are the most popular LED light strips in the market right now. what is the meaning of 5050 and 2835? and which one should you choose? You will find the answer easily in this article.
This is a problem that puzzled many people who have just transitioned to the LED lighting industry. What do these numbers represent? Are they a set of random numbers or represent a series? The answer is very simple. These numbers actually represent the size of the SMD on the LED strip. For example,2835 LED strips are a strip that has LED chips with the dimensions 28mm × 35mm mounted on them. But there is a special situation that you may be confused about: what is the difference between 2835 and 3528? Click here to learn more.
All LED light strips are recognized by similar 4 digit numbers that tell you the size of the LEDs mounted on them. This makes it easier for you to choose the suitable LED for your project.
There is a table that shows you what's the difference between the 5050 SMD and 2835 SMD led strip.
Table1 - SMD2835 vs SMD 5050 - Suntechled
Lower (depend on the density)
Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, White
Red, Green, Blue,Yellow, White,Especially RGB
360 to 720 Lumens (per meter)
1000 Lumens (per meter)
No Aluminum profile needed
Aluminum profile needed
No. of Chips
Fully Dimmable, CCT Control
Fully Dimmable, CCT Control, RGB Control
Feature Lighting, Task Lighting, High Ambient Lighting, Backlighting, Accent Lighting, Cabinet Lighting
Task Lighting, RBG Lighting, High Ambient Lighting, Mood Lighting, Event Lighting, Indirect Lighting, Signage
1. Feature: 2835 led strips have 28mm × 35mm SMD is installed on the light strip. These SMD strips can produce 360- 720 lumens of light per meter, depending on the LED density. The biggest advantage of the 2835 LED strips is that they do not emit a lot of heat since the built-in heat sink and can even be touched safely. This also means that you don't need an aluminum profile to help the strip dissipate heat.
2. Application: The lower density 2825 light strips can be used for special lightings, such as the base and recessed lights in homes, bars, hotels, and other places. Higher density 2835 light strips can be used in places that require a lot of ambient light, such as schools, offices, factories, etc.
1. Feature: 5050 LED light strip is one of the first LED strips to house larger SMDs that are actually “tri-chips”. This means that each SMD house three single chips. therefore, 5050 can produce three different colors of light at the same time.
2. Application: Each SMD is 50mm × 50mm in size and it can produce 3 times the light produces by smaller SMDs like 2835. This light strip can produce up to 1000 lumens per meter of light. This makes it perfect for lighting larger spaces like airports, hospitals, factories, warehouses, and so on.
Larger SMDs do produce more light than smaller SMDs. So, this means the greater the number the brighter the LED light strip, right? Not necessarily. there are other factors at play when judging the brightness of LED strips
1. LED strip density. This represents the number of SMDs on a single strip. This means that a 2835 LED strip with a higher LED density may produce the same amount of light as a 5050 LED strip with a lower density. In other words, If the SMDs are placed closer together, the strips will produce more concentrated light. If they are far apart, the light will diverge. It likes that 2835 LED strips with SMD placed closer together look brighter than the 5050 LED strips with larger SMD spacing.
2. The length of the strip. Shorter strips may not hold many SMDs, especially larger SMDs. Even if it is installed by a smaller SMD, this will make its longer strips less luminous.
If you need high-quality and affordable LED strips for your project, please click here to email the Suntech team or call +(86) 13184617165 for priority-free consultation.
Edits by --- Jessica
1. What is 5050 meaning?
5050 means the dimension of the led chips is 50×50cm。
2. Which type of LED chips does suntechleds.com have?
Suntech have 2016,3528,2835,5050,3014,5630.. and so on.
3. 3528,2835,5050,3014,5630-Which is the best LED chip?
2835: LED chip with dimensions 28mm × 35mm
3528: LED chip with dimensions 35mm × 28mm
5050: LED chip with dimensions 50mm × 50mm
3014: LED chip with dimensions 30mm × 14mm
5630: LED chip with dimensions 56mm × 30mm
Different applications are suitable for different sizes of LED chips, which one is better depends on the width of the PCB and the brighter you require.
4. How do I know if my LED is SMD 3528 or SMD 5050?
2835 is rectangle, 5050 square.
5. What is the price of 5050smd or 2835smd?
Price for 5050SMD will be higher than 2835SMD.
6. Which is better RGB 2835 led or 5050 led?
5050RGB will be better than 2835.
7. Are 5050 LEDs brighter than 2835?
Yes, single 5050 LED is brighter than 2835.
8. Which SMD is the brightest? 2835 or 5050 SMD
For single led chips, 5050SMD will be brighter.
9. How many lumens is a 2835 SMD LED?
10. Are 5050 LED lights waterproof?
Yes,expect for IP20(non-waterproof), It also can be IP54/IP/65/IP68.
11. Which controller can be used in 5050 or 3528 RGB LED Strip?
Regular RGB controller
12. Are 5050 and 2835 LED dimmable?
Yes, they are both dimmable.
Products maybe you are interested in
Articles you may be interested in