Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-06-22 Origin: https://www.suntechleds.com/
For many LED chips in the process of application and testing, it is often encountered that the lamp beads are damaged and replaced. Now SMD lamp beads are slowly replacing in-line lamp beads, and many new LED chip applications are based on surface-mount aluminum substrate LED beads.
SMD LED Disassembly Skills
Since there are no straight pins, the SMD LEDs can be reflowed, and can be closely attached to the aluminum substrate, and the heat dissipation performance is better. It is more convenient to disassemble and assemble the aluminum substrate LED chips with a heating soldering station. In operation, as long as the power is heated to about 260°C, the LED chips on the aluminum substrate can be removed, and then new LEDs can be replaced.
If your soldering iron welding skills are good, you can also directly heat it with a soldering iron to remove it, and then replace it with a good LED lamp bead. For ordinary users, the best way to remove and replace the aluminum substrate is to use the heating table.
More read: How to dissipate heat from LED lights?
The terminal voltage of the PN junction constitutes a certain potential barrier. When a forward bias voltage is applied, the potential barrier drops, and the majority carriers in the P and N regions diffuse to each other. Since the mobility of electrons is much greater than that of holes, a large number of electrons will diffuse to the P region, which constitutes the injection of minority carriers in the P region. These electrons recombine with the holes in the valence band, and the energy obtained during the recombination is released in the form of light energy.
LED Patch Replacement Tips
(1) It is recommended to use reflow soldering under normal conditions and only perform manual soldering when repairing.
(2) The maximum power of the electric soldering iron used for manual welding should not exceed 30W, the welding temperature should be controlled within 300°C, and the welding time should be less than 3 seconds.
(3) Do not touch the colloid with the soldering iron tip.
(4) When the pin is heated to 85°C or higher than this temperature, it should not be pressed, otherwise the gold wire bond will be disconnected.
(1) Peak reflux temperature: 260°C or lower than this temperature value. (Encapsulation surface temperature)
(2) The time required for the temperature to rise above 210°C: 30 seconds or less.
(3) Times of reflows: no more than twice at most.
(4) After reflow, the LED needs to be cooled to room temperature before it can touch the colloid.
For reflow soldering, if it is an aluminum substrate, a hot plate can also be used. The soldering iron heats the aluminum substrate, but pay attention to the speed and remove it immediately after soldering.
Void-welding is easy to occur, it is the void-welding of the LED chip on the LED lamp, and the gold wire in the welding is not connected properly.
Open the steel mesh according to different styles of light bars, and the steel mesh and light bars can be consistent. Choose a good quality solder paste. Poor solder paste is easy to fall off using LED lamp beads. Solder paste is printed to the position to be soldered, and then soldered after reflow soldering.
More read: SMD LED Chip Welding Guide
SMD LED Repair
Tools/Materials: Constant temperature heating sheet PTC220V 270 degrees, small tweezers, Corresponding to LED chip, low temperature solder paste
1. Connect the plug to the thermostatic PTC, and be careful not to expose the wires. (It is recommended that beginners add a power-on indicator.)
2. The constant temperature PTC is connected to the power supply, and the bottom should be insulated. I use the old electronic transformer iron shell to insulate and reduce the temperature loss. (The constant temperature PTC will heat up after power-on, so be careful not to touch it, there will be residual temperature after power-off, be careful not to touch.)
3. Put the broken LED patch board on the constant temperature heating board. When the temperature reaches the melting point of the solder paste, use tweezers to pick up the damaged LED patch and place a new one at the same time, the cost is very low, and the service life after repair is the same as the original one. It is recommended to apply some thermal silica gel when the LED patch board is installed back, so that the heat dissipation is good and the LED has a long life.
On the installation and maintenance of LED products, corresponding measures should be taken according to the actual situation. For safety reasons, it is recommended to find a professional for installation and maintenance.
Suntech LED always provides the best-LED Products, please contact Suntech team at email@example.com for more information.